This is a terrific list of 7 books to help you explore the world! Takes these literary adventures to learn about other cultures and experience life through unique perspectives, when we can’t hop on planes ourselves. Grab a hammock and enjoy!
Books can take you to places you’ve never been, and help you experience things you’ve never seen. Since we can’t get on a plane right now to see these places in person, explore (or re-explore!) parts of the world through great literary tales. The Washington Post has put together a terrific list of 7 books to help you explore the world! The article below outlines each book well, but here’s an abbreviated list. Enjoy, and let this take you to on adventures near and far!
- The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country by Helen Russell (Denmark)
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Mexico)
- My Life In France by Julia Child (France)
- Things You Would Know If You Grew Up Around Here by Nancy Wayson Dinan (Texas)
- A Small Place by Jamaica Kincaid (Antigua)
- See You In The Piazza by Frances Mayes (Italy)
- The Far Field by Madhuri Vijay (India)